The Belgian Association of Pediatric Orthopaedics was founded in 1990 as a national organization for orthopaedic surgeons especially devoted to paediatric orthopaedics or highly interested in this field.
The aims of this association which functions as a workgroup are :
- To develop knowledge and research in paediatric orthopaedic surgery.
- To enhance scientific relationship between the different surgeons practicing this specialty.
- To promote the continuing formation and education of those surgeons.
- To inform all those who are interested in this field.
- To coordinate studies on treatment and pathology in paediatric orthopaedics.