The Association organizes at least a meeting twice a year, in Spring and in Autumn. Each meeting has a special subject, but one can also present problematic cases. Members and invited speakers present material of interest to the pediatric orthopaedic surgeon.
- Meeting with BVOT 3-4 May 2018 Orthopaedica Belgica at the Square in Brussel - programme here
- Saturday 17 November 2018 . Difficult cases discussion among us . Dr Fabry/Dr Puylaert. Antwerpen
- March 13-15 2019 Sofop in Brussel.. Palais des Académies.
- April 25-26, 2019 Orthopaedica Belgica. Complication in Orthopaedics
ARCHIVES - PAST BAPO Meetings
- Friday 9 March 2018 - Meeting with WKO Werkgroep Kinderorthopedie Nederland in Amsterdam : Paediatric trauma and sports injuries. Invited speaker Franck Chotel, MD., PHD., Lyon
- Saturday December 16, 2017 : Cerebral palsy - role of spasticity management. Dr Anja Van Campenhout. Leuven, Auditorium Campus GHB O&N4
- Lente Symposium with BVOT. Friday May 12, 2017. Gent : Session on fractures in children ...Please send abstracts to Pr Frank Plasschaert
- Spring 2017 . Thursday April 27 2017: Acta Orthopaedica Belgica - BAPO session: Elbow fractures in children
- Saturday December 17 2016 : "Difficult cases , complications etc .09 h 30 Gent University Hospital .Entry between Poli 5 and 6. De Pintelaan 185 .9000. Gent.
Bring your cases…
- November 26 2016 : SORBCOT/ BVOT “Conférences d’enseignement” " The forefoot". Palais des académies. Dr Hébrant.
Bapo will have a two hour "block". Papers have to be send to Pr Plasschaert or Dr Allington
- Spring 2016 : March 18 and 19 2016. Combined meeting BAPO - POSNZ ( Paediatric Orthopaedic Society New Zealand ).
Contact Dr De Ridder. Local Organizer: Dr Angus Wickham
Venue: Scenic Hotel Te Pania 45 Marine Parade, PO Box 347, Napier 4140, New Zealand
Ph: (06) 833 7733, Fax: (06) 833 7732
Topics : The meeting will consist of one season on CP, one session on Elective peads ortho, one session on peads trauma.
Combination of cases, reviews and research.
Submit Abstracts to Dr Koen De Ridder or Angus Wickham the local organiser.
Guest Speaker : Dr Deborah Eastwood from England , Epos president 2014
Also info coming up on http://www.nzoa.org.nz/
- Autumn 2015 : November 21 2015 Antwerpen . Organizers : Dr Kristof Fabry and DR Dirk Puylaert
venue is UZ antwerpen Wilrijkstraat 10 2650 Edegem
Gemeenschapszaal (route 12, C023, Zone Auditorium)
Start at 09h30 until12h
subject: bone remodeling in pediatric fractures
- Thrusday April 23 2015 : with Sorbcot Prof Delloye. Spine problems in children. Our contact Dr Docquier . It will be in Louvain La Neuve. Aula Magna
- Friday January 23 2015 joint meeting with the Dutch Paediatric orthopaedic society . Dr Laumen coordinates. Topic will be "Developmental dysplasia of the hip and the young adult hip"
Welcome 09 h 30 Start 10 h 00. Lectures in the morning and presentations in the afternoon ( free papers also welcome in the afternoon )
Adjourn 18 h 00.
Location : UZ Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101 Brussels, Auditorium Kiekens. Parking at P1
- Autumn 2014 : 22 novembre 2014 à l’auditoire PP. Lambert sur le campus Brugmann de 9 à midi. Difficult cases review L’accès est très simple : c’est le bâtiment gris juste en face de l’entrée principale et il y a du parking. (PPL sur le plan en annexe). Organization Dr Bellemans
- April 2- 5 Spring 2014 April EPOS meeting in Bruges
- Saturday september 14 joint meeting with BOTA. 8 h 30 to 16 h 30 Dr Olivier Delahaut and Dr El Banna
Pediatric Traumatology in the third millenium : What's in ? what's out ?
CHU de Charleroi. Auditoire du CHU Vésale.More info under the following links
Download the PDF folder here
- BAPO-Sorbcot 2013 Friday April 26 morning session Prof Schuind Spa on "infections" Info www.sorbcot.be
- Saturdy November 24 2012 Difficult cases. Salle André Vincent. Cliniques Universitaires ST Luc -2. 10 am - 13 h 30
- June 21 and 22, 2012 …BVOT Brugges Dr Van den Daelen Sports Medicine.
- Saturday October 29, 2011 . Dr Elbaum- Dr Docquier - Dr De Ridder .
- AUTUMN BAPO MEETING 2011
PEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDIC ASPECTS IN DEVELOPPING COUNTRIES
- Thrusday May 5 2011 in collaboration with SORBCOT Orthopaedica Belgica in Liège. Spine : Facts and myths.
- Saturday4 December 2010 Early onset scoliosis . Contact Dr Kieffer . Luxembourg
- 19-21 May 2010 BVOT Meeting dedicated to children’s orthopaedics. Ostende.H. De Boeck M.D. http://www.medicongress.com/congress.aspx?Id=102
- Autumn 2009 Saturday October 3, 2009 starting at 14 h 00 …Tumors and case reports. Dr Jacques Magotteaux Social event in the evening “ Brâme du cerf….”
- May , 8,2009. This is the FRIDAY afternoon of the SORBCOT meeting. Topic: "Common orthopaedic problems in the lower limb in children
- December 6, 2008 Dr Plasschaert Traumatology of the upper limb in children . Brugges
- April 19 , 2008
This meeting will be organise conjointly with the CHIREC orthopaedic group .The main topic will be "Sport Medicine and Children"
All communication concerning this field are welcome and can include many subject (sport lesion,training,diététics,physio...)
Dr Elbaum PDF fil
- November 8 , 2007 in Paris in collaboration with the SOFOP on Thursday.
Practical Information at www.sofcot.fr
- December 9 2006 Dr Hutsebaut – Dr Lokietek . “Journées informelles d’Ixelles” with BAPO . Several foreign speakers . Subject : “Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis »
- May 19-20 2006 : Joint Meeting with Pellenberg : Dr Moens . Subject : " Joints, muscles, and bone in children . What is it all about ??.
- October 1 , 2005 . Brussels. Dr Lamoureux- Dr Bellemans. Aspects médico-légaux.
- June 2- 4, 2005 . Meeting Tunisie- Geop - BAPO. Contact Pr Maher Ben Ghachem
- January 22, 2005 ." L'orthopédie pédiatrique au quotidien : controverses, mythes et réalités" Dr Elbaum and Dr Peters. CHIREC. Bruxelles
- October 2, 2004 . Brussels. Dr Rossillon.
Main topic : " Idiopathic scoliosis " . free papers are welcome
Guest Speaker : Dr André Kaelin.
- March, 27 2004 . Antwerpen . Dr Koen De Ridder. Main topic : "Aesthetic" Orthopaedic Surgery.
- September 20, 2003 :Liège. Subject: The Child's Foot. Guest Speaker : Pr Ben Ghachem ( Tunis )
- March 15,2003. Roeselaere. Joint meeting with BVOT. Subject : The limping child and traumatology.
- October 26, 2002 . Gent. Subject : Benign Bone Tumors.
- May 25, 2002. Jolimont. Subject : Neuromuscular Scoliosis. Guest Speaker : Dr Zeller
- October 20, 2001. Joint meeting with SORBCOT on Angular deviations in the lower extremities. Guest speaker Dr Bowen
- April 14, 2001 . Brussels. Subject : Scoliosis. Guest Speaker Dr Chopin
- December 2 2000. Joint meeting with les journées de l'hôpital Etterbeek-Ixelles
- March,25 2000: Genoelselderen Limburg Subject: Complications in pediatric orthopaedic surgery. Guest speaker : Dr Benson
- September 18 1999 . Joint meeting with BOTA . Subject : Fractures in children
- April 10, 1999: Libramont Subject : Cerebral Palsy. Guest Speaker : Dr Le Barbier
- September 12,1998 : Joint meeting with BOTA. Subject: Hip fractures in adult and children.
- May 18 1998 : Joint meeting with SORBCOT-AOLF . Subject : Developmental dysplasia of the hip. Guest speaker :Dr Bowen
- March 1 , 1997 : CHR Citadelle, Liège